03 April 2011

"For You will light my lamp; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.


Many a times, we are tormented by “darkness” that surrounds our lives. The “darkness” could be in the form of lack, childlessness, financial crises, unemployment or lack of love. Sometimes, we suffer physically due to weakness or sickness. But it is God alone Who can deliver us from these kinds of darknesses.

The Psalmist says, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4).

Accordingly, when the shadow of death encompasses, we feel dejected. We are told not to fear in such times and always to trust in God for deliverance. If you are going through the same path, cheer up! Let not your heart be troubled. Even amidst the valley of the shadow of death, Lord Jesus will be with us and comfort us. He has paid the price for our “darkness” on the cross and we can be delivered.

The Bible says, "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed" (John 8:36). Accordingly, God would certainly grant you deliverance. We should pursue God to grant this grace. We should ask Him "Lord, give me this grace."

As we further read in Luke 13:12, we see that He delivers us from the darkness of physical weakness, and also from the darkness of sin (Colossians 1:13). He will make us shine before others like the children of light (Matthew 5:16) and build up our broken hearts and our family lives, which are engulfed by darkness.

If we thank and praise Him for the goodness in our lives, He would bring us to light from darkness. Remember that the sacrifices that we have made for God and what we give to God would never go in vain.

"For You will light my lamp; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness." (Psalm 18:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment